Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Daniel Fast - Day 0

I know that reading about someone's diet is as interesting as watching paint dry - but I feel compelled to do this for my own selfish reasons.
Tonight at 7:00 is the kick-off service for the church-wide Daniel Fast at Apostolic Faith Church in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The Daniel Fast is based on Daniel's three-week fast in the first few verses of Daniel Chapter 10. http://kingjbible.com/daniel/10.htm His fast ended on "the four and twentieth day of the first month" - which I assume is why Pastor Trapani selected the 4th through the 24th of January as the three weeks for this fast.

This morning, I weighed in at 277.6. My blood pressure was 111/82, and my pulse 80. I'm planning to keep track of the weight an the BP simply to document the physical benefits of this fast - but the more important aspect is the spiritual, which I will also report. And if I'm the only one who ever reads this, I guess that's fine.

There is one particular wherein I will not mimic Daniel in this, however. Daniel also refrained from personal hygiene for three weeks - that is, he did not anoint himself at all. I plan on bathing regularly... and you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment