Friday, January 6, 2012

Daniel Fast - Day 2

After my last post, we had a snack of popcorn, with a bit of olive oil stirred in so that the salt would stick. Different taste, but very addicting. My lips are still 'tight' from OD-ing on salt.

Last night's supper was corn, beans, and re-heated baked potato. Pretty good, but we were feeling sort of put upon. Then Eric came home from work on his supper break, bringing baked Tostitos 'scoops' chips. After checking the ingredients on those and the salsa, we indulged, and I quit feeling quite so deprived.

I went shopping last night. I took Ryan with me since my darling wife (and primary grocery shopper!) was home in bed, feeling yucky. We spent about $50 more than the usual shopping trip, but we were stocking up on "Daniel Fast-Friendly" foods, so it was to be expected that we'd spend a bit more than usual.

We bought some 'experimental' stuff like Star Fruit, but mostly loaded up on veggies and fruit. This morning's breakfast was oatmeal again, but with blueberries, raisins, and bananas in it, and I used almond milk rather than fruit juice. Pretty tasty!
Stats: 277.2, 112/74 with a pulse of 71. I got a pretty good night's sleep last night, even though the alarm clock caught me on the wrong end of the sleep cycle. And my Sweetie is feeling much better than she has been, so things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment