Thursday, January 5, 2012

Daniel Fast - Day 1

This morning, I was up .6 pounds - before starting any Daniel-Fast-like behaviors. BP was 102/76, pulse 76, so insignificantly better than yesterday. All within normal variations.

Breakfast was raw oatmeal (I don't ever cook it...), but with fruit juice rather than milk. Not awful, but not what the tongue was expecting. Snacked on a few mixed nuts. Since my darling wife is battling "that thing that is going around", I offered to get lunch for us and the boys. Thursday is our routine shopping day, the fridge is characteristically empty today. Trying to find a Vegan meal when the house is empty proved to be a bit of a challenge. I found some tomatoes and a bag of salad - I located the olive oil and some white vinegar, mixed the two and added some pepper, minced onion, and something labeled "Italian spices" - details unknown. Made an acceptable oil&vinegar dressing. Added some Jalapenos to my own salad - not wise. But other than being a bit too spicy, it was OK.

Tonight, we shop for more veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment